Monday, March 21, 2011

First post

This is my first post on this blog. I've been inspired to start this blog not only by the social media frenzy that I recently have gotten caught up in, but by people who blog about their weight loss journeys. So here I go.
Let me start out by saying that I am doing weight watchers, and have been consistently (this time around) going since last July and so far have lost 11lbs total. Now some people may think; wow 11 lbs in 9 months, that is really slow! Yes, it is. But, it is 11lbs that I have not nor will not gain back. So if it takes me 3 years to get to my goal, well I'm OK with that, and I want the world (and myself) to know it.
Many things that have helped me thus far have been:
therapy, watching tips and blogs on youtube, and as mentioned before Weight Watchers meetings.
Now I want to mention something about the meetings. I've been on Weight Watchers on and off since the 8th grade, and the biggest advice I can give for the program is you need to find a leader you like, relate to, and inspires you. That didn't really happen to me until I started going to meetings in NYC, and I saw what difference it makes.
Now for the therapy thing...that was a gift from my parents when I ended my first long-term relationship. It was a turning point in my life. I started doing holistic therapy with monthly sessions. Since my parents are divorced, I am familiar with conventional therapy, but Holistic therapy was by far the most effective thing I have experienced. It's not very different from the regular therapy, but its just a different style and you also get a holistic "remedy" that keeps you balanced.
Anyway, I won't tackle the big issues now and the emotional journey that I went through, but the bottom line is that the biggest and most effective thing during my journey not only with weight loss but with self discovery was psychological. And I'll be sure to touch more on that later.
I also started running once the new year began. I did the couch 2 5k and can now run about 28 minutes straight (but at a slow pace) I saw about because I realized that once I started getting into the endurance part of the training the weight loss slowed, and so now I'm sticking to interval training.

Well that's a good start to me and my little bio.

No comments:

Post a Comment